Now that school is out and the summer weather is here, that means BBQ’s every weekend. Whether you’re hosting the party or bringing a dish for friends, these recipes have been big hits in our homes!
Recipe One: Ham & Swiss Honey Roll Sliders
- 1 packages KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- Slices of deli honey ham
- One package of sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut rolls in half and place in backing dish, leaving a slight bit of room between sandwiches.
Recipe Two: Cowboy Caviar
- 2 large Limes, juiced
- Cumin, black pepper, and salt all based on taste
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Roasted Corn (we used five)
- 1/2 an onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 large Avocados
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Chop all ingredients (excluding the avocado) into large mixing bowl. Add lime juice and spices to taste. Dice the avocados last and mix in trying not to mash them up too much. Taste and add any more spices or lime juice that you think maybe missing.
Serve cold and pair with some Tostitos (whole wheat) Scoops!
Easiest recipe ever and perfect for any outdoor gathering. I have also made this recipe for a healthy lunch option by adding sliced grilled chicken to the top.
Hope you enjoy these recipes this summer!