It’s lake season, FINALLY! I couldn’t be more excited about getting on the water this year (even if I’m as round as a beach ball with Baby Joie)! When lake season begins, I basically pack a bag with all of my essentials and it stays packed for the rest of the season. This week, I’ve rounded up 8 of my favorite essentials to share with y’all!
SHOP OUR FAVORITE LAKE DAY PRODUCTS ON AMAZON:
- SuperGoop Sunscreen: As a redhead, sunscreen is life for me! I literally couldn’t survive one hour outside without coverage. I have always used Neutrogena spray sunscreen and it works great but I wanted something that would last a little bit longer on my skin. *Insert joke about husband chasing me around with sunscreen at the beach every hour for re-application.* 🙂 I found this SuperGoop sunscreen on Amazon and it’s absolutely amazing! It has great coverage, lasts for quite a while and even smells nice!
- Jack Rogers Sandals: I love these! They’re great for the boat because they can get wet and it doesn’t matter since they’re silicone. They’re also quite stylish!
- Accordion Hair Ties: These were actually a recent find. I saw another blogger that I follow recommend them on Instagram and I thought I’d give them a try. The best thing about them is that they don’t create a crease in your hair! If you’re the kind of girl that like to wait a few days between hair washes, these are the answer to your nighttime hair routine prayers. Another important feature, they hold your hair really well. Other hair ties tend to slide out of my hair after a while because I have super silky hair (not to brag or anything 😉 ) but these do not move!
- Gold Auxiliary Cord: Girl, you and I both know that your husband/boyfriend is not going to remember this but it is KEY for being on the boat. A boat day without music is no boat day at all! You definitely won’t regret keeping this in your lake bag. This one’s super pretty, too!
- Aquaphor: Nisha introduced me to Aquaphor years ago and I literally couldn’t live my life without it. It’s nourishing and moisturizing for your skin and lips and I literally have it on me (in all of my bags) at all time. I use it as chapstick (and gloss), to moisturize after the shower, before bed and even on blisters or wounds to keep them from scarring.
- Aviators: The best advice I can give about sunglasses for the lake are function + style + inexpensive = SUCCESS! Reason being, you’re definitely going to lose them before the season ends. I love these from Amazon because they’re stylish and also very reasonably priced. Nish’ and I also LOVE Old Navy for sunnies!
- Turkish Towel: Everyone loves a good Turkish towel. They’re lightweight, pretty and dry SO quickly! They can also be so expensive but I found this one on Amazon and absolutely love it!
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo: Another product I could not live without! PS: Ask me in 4 months after Joie is born, dry shampoo is LIFE! I’m sure this isn’t news to you, but if you don’t use Living Proof Dry Shampoo, you’re most definitely missing out.
Ok, now that we have our lake bags stocked…let’s hit the water! Share your summer photos with us and we’ll be sure to post ours!